4.15.2010

When not to TRI...

A couple of weeks ago, my sister visited from Virginia. It is always nice to see her but I would be lying if I wasn't more excited to see my niece. Last time I saw Elli was around Christmas and she was just a couple of months old. Now she is almost 6 months old and a bundle of energy...literally she just doesn't stop moving unless she is sleeping or feeding.

She laughs with you and it is pretty cool to see how she interacts with the world. I was able to spend some time getting to know her. Living a few thousand miles away, it makes it difficult to watch her grow in person so it was awesome to just hang out...

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from their trip here.












We also celebrated Easter with my parents famous Easter Egg Hunt. Now you may think my parents are crazy (I sure do) but the kids LOVE it. This year there were 12 dozen regular eggs, all which had been dyed and drawn on, I think 150 plastic eggs full of candy and coins, and 100 confetti eggs which is basically a emptied out egg shell filled with confetti...or as I call them, an absolute mess:) Yep, is over 400 eggs for the kiddos to find.

It was fun to see all the kids running and finding the eggs. It is pretty funny to watch them spot an egg 30 feet away and run past 4 just to get that one. Overall it was a great Easter and nice to see all the family.



And they are OFF!!!



Emma was all too excited to run around and find eggs. She might have found the most...Shocker I know :)



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Such cute pics. Elli is a complete doll and is lucky to have such an awesome uncle!

jessithompson said...

Thanks so much for including us in the Easter celebration. Way too much fun. Your parents are hard-core when it comes to the Easter egg hung. They ain't messin' around. It was like a professional production! Too much fun, thanks a million!