3.21.2010

The New Old Steed!!!

Being sick SUCKS!!! I am now finishing up a week where my only workout was a 1 hr ride, which in hindsight turned out to be a bad idea. The only good thing about being sick was that it my bike was in the shop so I couldn't ride it anyways.

Sitting at bike shop hearing my bike is broken...definitely not a highlight of my day.


Like I mentioned in my last post, during my long ride on Saturday, I was having some serious issues with my front derailleur. The mechanic at Wheel Sport North noticed the bracket that holds my derailleur was loose. On any other bike I have owned I would have tried to fix it myself...not this baby.

That is the small little bracket that came loose.


One Monday, I stopped by Fitness Fanatics, where I bought it, and asked them what I should do. They told me they would call Scott and get back to me as soon as they had some information. Not really knowing what was going to happen, I was keeping my fingers crossed that it would be covered under the warranty or at least there would be an easy fix.

About an hour later, I received a call from Jon at the store, letting me know they had contacted Scott and a new frame set was being sent out...WHAT? Yeah, apparently this has happened to a few other bikes and Scott's solution was to send out a brand new frame. SAHWEET!!! They mentioned that if they had one in the US, it could take about a week, if not they were going to have to order it from Europe and could take 2-3 weeks. Still a small price to pay to get a new bike that is working properly.

So fast forward to Thursday night, and I get a call letting me know my bike is READY! I asked...ready to be switched over when the new frame arrived? Nope, like we have already switched everything over and you are good to go. SERIOUSLY...that is freaking awesome. In just 3 days I had my new bike and it was ready to come home. Now I know not everything can move this fast, but it was pretty awesome for the people at Fitness Fanatics to get it turned around so quick.

Here is my new/old bike...Only the frame and front fork are new but that is good enough for me.


Once I get over this damn Bronchitis, I can't wait to get out take my first ride on the new bike. Something I was preparing to take up to 3 weeks only took 3 days. Now if I could get over being sick this fast...all in the world would be right:)

Once again, I want to send a special thanks to Fitness Fanatics for helping me and getting this issue solved so fast. You guys rock!!!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait for you to ride your "new" bike either! It looks so different! You are going to be SO much faster! ;)

Glad you got it back so quickly!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Wow..that is awesome! I'm glad you got your "new" bike sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry to hear you're sick. I had bronchitis in Jan. and it lasted about 3 weeks. I really hope yours goes away sooner b/c it's not fun!

jessithompson said...

GET BETTER SO YOU CAN COME PLAY WITH ME..... PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!