5.21.2008

The Week Before!!

The week leading up to Memorial weekend is always chaotic. There is some much to get ready for camping and getting my boat ready seems like a full time job on top of my full time job on top of my training. Since I was busy this last weekend with the rafting trip there really wasn’t any time to get everything done. I spent the week gathering all my gear and preparing the boat for the first trip of the year. This involves de-winterizing the engine and making sure everything is in working order.

My week started out by joining Tim for a great run workout. The plan was to do a one mile warm-up run followed by 2 miles at a faster than race pace run. We would then turn around and repeat on the way back. Since I wasn’t able to get my workouts in over the weekend I knew I had to push myself. My legs felt pretty fresh and it was good to get out and run. The tempo run was a nice change of pace and I have to give Tim props for sticking it out. He had a crazy weekend of training and still managed to pull it all together and come run with me. Thanks buddy. Afterwards I finished the night up at Coldstone with Tim, Andy and their friend Lisa who is visiting from Germany. This time I stayed away from the Peanut Butter Cup Perfection and went with an equally delicious Berry Berry Berry Good, which consisted of strawberries, raspberryies and blueberries with cheesecake ice cream, UMM UMM UMM GOOD! A little more healthy, RIGHT?

Tuesday was a push to get in my BLT. I was running a bit late and drove past Eric and Dave as they were heading out for their loop. I did my best to catch up but rode the loop by myself. This was the first time on my bike in a week but I felt really good. My legs had some minor cramping so I decided to get a very short brick in just to make sure I could still fun off the bike. Overall it was a good day of training and it felt good to get back in the saddle.

The rest of the week was just getting everything packed. I was able to see all the great Tri-Fusion members at our monthly meeting on Wednesday and I the plan is to head out for Priest Lake for camping on Thursday after work. It should be an awesome weekend. Even though it was an extremely long week I know it will payoff once I am up at the lake.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, that was a busy week. Guess you can't complain though when it consisted of doing things like getting your boat ready! :)

Tim Swanson said...

OK, since you are too humble to say it, I will....you kicked my ass up and down the road on that run. Not like you were running slow before, but, man, your running is peaking at just the right time. You are going to smoke that Boise course!! Can't wait to see the splits and hear the report from potato-land.