4.11.2008

Sqeeze in a Run

I think I took another step of becoming a true triathlete. After leaving work a few friends invited me to meet up for some dinner up on the south hill. Since this morning was spent sleeping in I had yet to do my workout. Originally I was going to go home after work and head out for my run. My entire drive from the north side to the south hill was spent trying to figure out how to fit my run in.

I arrived at my friend’s house up near Manito about 20 minutes early. The weather was great and with the sun shining I decided I would head out for a quick run. Now in the past I would have just skipped the run and figured out how to make it up in the following days. I knew if I would have skipped the workout and tried to do it after dinner it was never going to happen. I had a nice 3 mile run around Manito Park, which by the way is beautiful even if the flowers and lilacs are not out yet. If anyone wants to meet up there this summer for some workouts please let me know, I will definitely join.

After the race we headed up to Two Seven Public House for some dinner and a few beers. Supposedly this place is the new hot spot on the south hill. As we walked in the door one guy told us to not expect anything less than an hour wait. WHAT!! An hour wait for dinner in Spokane. I was pretty sure the Arby’s down the street wouldn’t take an hour. Well, we just happen to walk through the bar section and there were three seats at the bar. The food was great and I would probably go back once the newness wears off. The place is a family atmosphere during dinner time if anyone wants to try it out.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Totally hard core! Nice job fitting your run into your social life. It's not an easy thing to do!

I'm glad to hear the food at Two Seven Public House was good. Apparently it's owned by the same people who own The Elk - one of my favorite spots. I think I'll take your advice, though, and wait until the newness wears off to give it a try.

jessithompson said...

I love trying new restaurants but don't make it up to the south hill too often. Love Manito Park too, my dad lives across the street and I grew up there! It's gorgeous especially in the spring and early summer!