3.10.2008

Live Each Day

Today I was pretty lazy as I struggled to get out of bed this morning. I have recently stopped attending the spin workouts on my Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I really feel they helped get me in better shape throughout the winter but now that the weather is changing I would rather get out on my bike. The problem being is that I have been slacking on the bike rides too. Right now it is still a bit too chilly to ride in the mornings before work and now that the landscaping season is picking up, I have been really busy with my clients at work and haven’t been able to ride in the mornings. I really need to quite giving myself reasons to not workout and remind myself of all the reasons I want to workout. It was a long and tough winter but now with the nicer weather it is time to get going.

I want to make a quick note to my parent's neighbors. They have lived next to my parents for over 12 years and this last weekend they lost their house because of a fire. Some of you may have heard it on the news, out in the 7-mile area. The latest update is that the house is a total lost, but the fast actions of the firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading to their basement. Fortunately that is where they kept many of the personal belongings including years and years of photos.

Many of us take our day to day lives for granted and we worry about missing one workout here or there. Having something like this happen so close to home makes you truly realize what is really important in life. Enjoy the moments you have because things can change in the blink of an eye.

4 comments:

LORIE said...

Amen Steve! Amen!!!

jessithompson said...

You couldn't be more right. Perspective is critical for balance in life... and sanity. One of my favorite sayings is, "If this is the worst thing that happens today, it's a good day."

Now, on the flip side, I'm not talking about giving yourself excuses not to workout... I'm talking about not beating yourself up because of it.

Wanna ride today after work? I'm looking for a riding buddy!

Phaedra Cote said...

Steve-

thanks for putting things in perspective....even when life seems really tough, there is always someone who's got it harder. Appreciate whatcha got while you've got it!

Thanks for the laugh tonight, man you had me rolling.....and good job getting out on that group ride. I couldn't agree more with getting off the spin bikes and getting on your "real bike". Keep up the good work. Just lift up that dang skirt and ride, Sally!

Phaedra.

Kim said...

Steve- very cool checking out your blog and posts. I enjoyed just listening to you the other morning at Starbucks. You strike me as just opposite of your post...very motivated!! It's really esy to get into a workout slump although I don't see yours lasting too long. If it snows this weekend you might have to check me in. Thank goodness for friends and clubs that motivate and inspire huh?

See ya Sunday!

Kim