3.18.2008

Ride and Swim

This morning I packed up all my riding gear cause I thought there might be a group ride on the northside. I couldn't remember if it was Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs. Well there was no scheduled ride today so after work I decided to head out on my own. After my long run yesterday I just wanted to make sure that I still had my legs under me. I guess you could call it a recovery ride. The recovery ride idea is a rather new concept to me. I used to think of recovery as laying on the couch after a long workout and watching TV. I have recently realized the importance and keeping your muscles stretched and moving even it you are sore from the next day. I had a nice 10 mile ride out Highway 2 and back. It was a pretty quiet ride because I thought I left my Ipod at home (it was in another bag in my car, crap!) but that is how you have to race to it was good practice I guess.

After my ride I headed to the gym for a quick little swim. My shoulders were still sore from my long workout on Sunday but it was good to get back in the water. I worked on a few drills and still tried to do flipturns. My first two were pretty good then it was all down hill from there. I am pretty sure once I start to practice I think too much but I know eventually it will come around.

Another good day of working out down and looking forward to the next.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nice job getting your recovery ride in! I'm pretty sure if I thought I was doing a group ride, and then I found out I had to do it by myself, my motivation would have gone down the drain! You are very inspiring!

jessithompson said...

I agree with Tiff. Nice work, buddy. Active recovery definitely helps you and I agree - until Triathlon - had never really heard much about it. I think recovery bikes and swims are the best. They're actually kind of fun after all the pounding. :)

Unknown said...

You found your iPod?!